My DSLR is dead... Long live the Fuji X10

In another month I will have shot my last wedding (yeah)!

Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed shooting weddings over the last five years. But it's also fairly stressful, time consuming, and not always what it's cracked up to be. So I've made the decision to end this season.

That in and of itself is momentous enough. But I've also decided to retire my DSLR kit, in favor of the Fuji X10. After the last wedding is done, I'm selling off my wedding gear, so there's no chance of me 'coming out of retirement' to shoot one last wedding for a friend of a friend (which I was asked about just this week).

My new Fuji X10. Sexy

Why the Fuji X10? Well, I wanted something un-DSLR like - but still with DSLR controls (if that makes sense). I wanted something small and retro, but with a decent sensor, and a good zoom range. And something that looked cool as well - let's not deny the 'cool' factor in a camera :-)

Finally, it had to fit into my budget. With the new X20 coming out soon, the X10's are being cleared at crazy prices - plus Fuji is also offering $100 cash back for this month as well! So an already amazingly reduced price got even better, and I couldn't resist.

When you add up all of the criteria mentioned above, the Fuji X10 would seem to me to be my ultimate solution. And although it's too early to say that just yet, I have to say I'm very pleased and excited so far.

Is it the 'perfect' camera? No, of course not. That doesn't exist. Does it have its own idiosyncrasies? Of course it does. And in part, that's the 'fun' of getting to know a new system. But since I'm getting rid of my DSLR in a months time, and the X10 will then become my only camera, I figure I'm going to be spending a lot more time with it, getting to know its strengths - and weaknesses - and that's what this blog will be all about.

I'd love to hear from you if you are a new (or old) X10 owner, soon to be owner, or thinking about becoming an owner. Hopefully we can all help and inspire each other as we create images with this beautiful, cool, fun, sophisticated wee camera.

Please add this as a favorite blog, and call back regularly. Should be a lot of fun.

Til next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My X-E1 Film Simulation Recipe C2: Acros

My Fujifilm X-E2 film recipes for Landscapes

Making the move to Capture One